Problem with ISCE missing libraries

Added by Francisco Delgado about 5 years ago

Dear ISCE developers, I've installed ISCE in ubuntu and I get the following error when I run the software

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/matt/insar/isce-2.0.0_201506/install/isce/applications/insarApp.py", line 37, in <module>
import isceobj.InsarProc as InsarProc
File "/home/matt/insar/isce-2.0.0_201506/install/isce/components/isceobj/InsarProc/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
from .InsarProc import *
File "/home/matt/insar/isce-2.0.0_201506/install/isce/components/isceobj/InsarProc/InsarProc.py", line 29, in <module>
from isceobj.Scene.Frame import FrameMixin
File "/home/matt/insar/isce-2.0.0_201506/install/isce/components/isceobj/Scene/Frame.py", line 26, in <module>
from isceobj.Image.Image import Image
File "/home/matt/insar/isce-2.0.0_201506/install/isce/components/isceobj/Image/Image.py", line 30, in <module>
from iscesys.ImageApi.DataAccessorPy import DataAccessor
File "/home/matt/insar/isce-2.0.0_201506/install/isce/components/iscesys/ImageApi/DataAccessorPy.py", line 23, in <module>
from iscesys.ImageApi import DataAccessor as DA
ImportError: /home/matt/insar/isce-2.0.0_201506/install/isce/components/iscesys/ImageApi/DataAccessor.abi3.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicode_AsUTF8String

I think it is related to a missing library, but I cna't figure it out what library I need

Thanks

Replies (8)

RE: Problem with ISCE missing libraries - Added by Eric Gurrola about 5 years ago

Hello Francisco,

Look for the file, unicodeobject.h. If you google for "PyUnicode_AsUTF8String" you will see that it is part of the c-api, so it should be in the same directory where you find your Python.h file. If that is not the case on your system for some reason, then make sure that the path to that file is in your "CPPPATH" variable in SConfigISCE.

Eric

RE: Problem with ISCE missing libraries - Added by Piyush Agram about 5 years ago

Hi Francesco,
Could you also include information about the version of python you are using.

Piyush

RE: Problem with ISCE missing libraries - Added by Francisco Delgado about 5 years ago

Hi Eric, thanks for the answer.

Piyush, I'm using Python 3.2.3

Best regards

RE: Problem with ISCE missing libraries - Added by Francisco Delgado about 5 years ago

Hi Eric, my Python path for CPP at SConfigISCE is the same as where unicodeobject.h is, so it should be recognized, but I still get the error. What else could it be?

Thanks

RE: Problem with ISCE missing libraries - Added by Piyush Agram about 5 years ago

Francisco,
ISCE readme suggests to use python3.3 or higher. You are probably using ubuntu12.04 (which shipped with python3.2). Might be a good idea to update. Would recommend using anaconda to make your life easier.

Piyush

RE: Problem with ISCE missing libraries - Added by Collin Cong 7 months ago

Hi Francesco,
Did you solve this problem?
I met the same problem. Please tell me how to solve it.

ImportError: /*/isce2/install/isce/components/iscesys/ImageApi/DataAccessor.abi3.so: 
undefined symbol: _ZN14GDALRasterBand8RasterIOE10GDALRWFlagiiiiPvii12GDALDataTypexxP20GDALRasterIOExtraArg

Thanks!

Collin C.

RE: Problem with ISCE missing libraries - Added by William Diment 4 months ago

Hello,

Collin, on the off chance you get to see this - I am guessing you are on RedHat or some other Fedora/derivative Linux distribution? I am guessing for the LIBPATH you are putting some equivalent of: /lib, /usr/lib, or /usr/lib64 - the issue you are having is that the Fedora based Linux distributions (Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, etc) have a VERY old GDAL repo installation. GDAL is currently on version 3.1.0, and those linux distributions only have up to 1.8.1, which was released in July of 2011 - ISCE has a shared object used in installation that is compiled against one of these newer versions of GDAL. The solution is to install a new version of GDAL and specify that folder in the SCONS config folder. However, a new issue may quickly arise: with the installation method of ISCE, if the system version of GDAL is installed at all (which is VERY likely considering a standard GIS processing stack, including QGIS, GRASS, SAGA, etc) and you put in /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/lib64 since you need to in order to get FFTW and the C library, the system version is going to get picked up anyways regardless since you can not individually specify a GDAL installation folder. The solution to THAT is to install the C compiler, FFTW, and GDAL to /usr/local/lib or /usr/local/lib64 and set that folder as the LIBPATH folder in the SCONS config file. Thankfully, it is only three different libraries that we would need to install, though GCC can take a while to compile. Does that help? Let me know.

RE: Problem with ISCE missing libraries - Added by Collin Cong 4 months ago

Hello William

Thank you very much for your detailed suggestions. At the time, I was installing ISCE on Ubuntu 16. Many errors were reported. Later, I updated to Ubuntu 18, and it worked very well. I think it's probably the older versions of many of the applications in the operating system that were causing the problems.
Thank you again.

Collin

(1-8/8)