ENVISAT_SLC data more than 1 frame

Added by Mike James 2 months ago

Hi Piyush,
I have installed isce2-2.3.3 through anaconda3 and processed a pair of ENVISAT_SLC data in 1 frame smoothly. However, when I tried to process 2 frames of data in the same track, it split out errors, "cannot find file".Does ISCE2 not support processing more than 1 frame ENVISAT_SLC data? My parameter and result files are in the attachment. Can you help me to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance.

Best Regrads,
Mike

Replies (3)

RE: ENVISAT_SLC data more than 1 frame - Added by Eric Fielding 2 months ago

Hi Mike,

I recognize that interferogram for the Bam earthquake.

The ISCE stripmapApp does not stitch frames of SLC images along track. In most cases, the SLC images are focused separately with different and possibly inconsistent parameters, so combining the frames would require adjustments. If you want to process multiple frames of Envisat (or other SAR) data as a long strip, then you need to get the raw level 0 data that can be stitched before focusing in stripmapApp.

The only ISCE application that can stitch multiple frames of SLC images is the alos2App for processing ALOS-2 data, where the raw data is not available.

The situation is different for Sentinel-1 SLC images, because the Sentinel-1 tracks are carefully processed in a way to make the whole track of bursts consistent.

++Eric

RE: ENVISAT_SLC data more than 1 frame - Added by Mike James 2 months ago

Hi Eric,
Thanks for your reply. Yes it is an ascending interferogram for the Bam earthquake. Since we have easier access to level-1 Envisat data than level-0 raw data, I always download the level-1 data from ERS data website. I'll try to apply for the raw level-0 data to stitch multiple frames. Thank you again for the information.

Best Regards,
Mike

RE: ENVISAT_SLC data more than 1 frame - Added by Eric Fielding 2 months ago

Mike,

The other advantage of getting the raw Envisat data is that you can process it with chirp extension and get several more kilometers of data on the edge of the swath. This was a big help for this coseismic pair on track 385 where the earthquake is very close to the edge of the swath. Of course, I was using ROI_pac back in 2004 when I first processed the coseismic pairs. I have all the raw data for the Bam earthquake somewhere if you don't manage to get it from ESA. I am not sure why ESA decided to make it more difficult to get the raw level-0 data.

(1-3/3)