Problem with converting GMTSAR output 'grd' to ISCE output data format

Added by Jiang Long 3 months ago

Hi, all,
I was trying to convert interferograms generated by GMTSAR into the data format of ISCE output. And now I have read the .grd into .mat in matlab. But I'm not clear about how the ISCE data format is organized.Could anyone help me with this or is there a script can do this? Thank you.
Best
Jiang

Replies (2)

RE: Problem with converting GMTSAR output 'grd' to ISCE output data format - Added by Eric Fielding 2 months ago

Hi Jiang,

What are you planning to do with your GMTSAR interferograms after converting them to ISCE format? If you only want to display them with the "mdx" program distributed with ISCE, then you can convert the GMTSAR .grd files to the simple file format of ENVI using "gdal_translate -of ENVI". Then you can use the ISCE program "gdal2isce_xml.py" to convert the ENVI output file information to the .xml files that ISCE needs.

If you want to do some additional processing using ISCE programs, then you have to do a lot of work to convert all the relevant metadata from the GMTSAR files to the ISCE format, which might require recalculating some of the parameters as they might be defined differently. I don't recommend this. It would be a lot easier to reprocess the data in ISCE.

++Eric

RE: Problem with converting GMTSAR output 'grd' to ISCE output data format - Added by Jiang Long 2 months ago

Hi Eric,

I palnned to use ISCE for subsequent processing before, but found that the format conversion was too complicated, especially for metadata. And now I have decided to do all the processing in ISCE.
Thank you very much for your reply.

Best
Jiang

(1-2/2)