Add an image to the generated SentinelStack

Added by Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh 6 months ago

Dear Support team,

For my case study (earthquake), I did a Sentinel stack processing and then the time-series analysis by the MintPy package since 20171228 but now, I found that I should start the analysis from 20171216. It is too hard and time-consuming for me to redo all processing. Could you please let me know whether I can just process the first few images of the stack with the selected master to add the new connections to the stack and then try to redo the MintPy time-series analysis? Is the progress independent to do that? When I check the configs files and also run_files, I think it is possible but I am not sure.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

Replies (5)

RE: Add an image to the generated SentinelStack - Added by Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh 5 months ago

Hi all,

I tried this issue and found that it was successful. You can update your stack and time-series very well.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

RE: Add an image to the generated SentinelStack - Added by Zhiliang Zhang 5 months ago

Hi Sayyed:
I have met the same problem when I do Sentienl stack processing, I did this work by redo all processing in the past and it is too hard and time-consuming! Could you tell me how to update stack processing very well? Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Elton

RE: Add an image to the generated SentinelStack - Added by Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh 5 months ago

Hi Elton,

Please let me describe the workflow using a sample. When you run the "stackSentinel.py" code, you will have a folder named "run_files", included 12 run files, "run_1_unpack_slc_topo_master", "run_2_average_baseline", "run_3_extract_burst_overlaps", "run_4_overlap_geo2rdr_resample", "run_5_pairs_misreg", "run_6_timeseries_misreg", "run_7_geo2rdr_resample", "run_8_extract_stack_valid_region", "run_9_merge_burst_igram", "run_10_filter_coherence", "run_11_unwrap", and "run_12_merge_master_slave_slc". For example, I processed a stack from 20171228 until now and selected 20190128 as the master image. Now, I would like to add an image with the date of 20171216 to the current stack.

If you checked the run files, you can find that any image connects to the next three images to do the co-registration ("run_5_pairs_misreg"). In addition, if you select the three for the minimum connection parameter in the interferogram generation step, any image connects to the next three images or more if you select more than three ("run_9_merge_burst_igram", "run_10_filter_coherence", "run_11_unwrap").

So, you just need to download the selected master image and the next three images, the added image, and the next three images, and put in the same address and follow the same structure to do the stack processing. When it finished, you need to just copy the interferograms into "merged/interferograms" and try with the Mintpy again.

Because during the processing, the program will produce some XML files with the address, you should take care of the address you process again and keep it the same with the previous job.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

RE: Add an image to the generated SentinelStack - Added by Zhiliang Zhang 5 months ago

Dear Sayyed
Thank you for your reply! It is very helpful to me and I will try your method later! Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Elton

Hi Elton,

You're welcome. Please feel free to ask me if you faced any problem in that way.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

(1-5/5)