Lack of PS points in the velocity result

Added by Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh 6 months ago

Dear Support team,

I finished the progress of ISCE+MintPy for my Envisat descending dataset and got the attached result with the refined network. As you can see, I lost a lot of points in the peak area subsided. Yunjun, one of the developers of MintPy package, suggested me the following cases:

i) increase the number of looks from 1 by 5 to 4 by 20, the same as you have pointed out.

ii) lower the filter strength from 0.8 to 0.5 or 0.2 to see if the signal is still there.

I do really appreciate if you let me know your opinion about these ways. I know the multi-looking is a good way to overcome the miss coherency in the area where the land-use changes or agricultural lands but it is interesting for me that I couldn't get the points in also some urban areas.

Sincerely,
Sayyed

geo_velocity.png (216 kB)

Network.pdf (22.6 kB)

Replies (5)

RE: Lack of PS points in the velocity result - Added by Piyush Agram 6 months ago

I would follow the MintPy team's suggestions. Urban doesn't necessarily always mean coherent since multilooking mixes pixel types.

Since, you brought up PS points - there is another option to try but I will point out that there is less support for it available - https://github.com/isce-framework/fringe
You should only try this if you are familiar with Python and are willing to work through the issues yourself.
You will have to bring in the outputs into MintPy yourself as it is not fully integrated yet.

Piyush

RE: Lack of PS points in the velocity result - Added by Zhiliang Zhang 6 months ago

Dear Piyush
I have used ISCE and fringe to achieve InSAR stack processing PS/DS selection successfully! I want to import fringe results to Mintpy, but I did not find materials for this work, could you give me some advice about how to link PS/DS results and Mintpy successfully? Thank you very much!
Sincerely
Elton

RE: Lack of PS points in the velocity result - Added by Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh 6 months ago

Dear Elton,

Have you ever did processing using the MintPy? Could you please put a screenshot of your folder's structures and included files here to see what you have?

Sincerely
Sayyed

RE: Lack of PS points in the velocity result - Added by Zhiliang Zhang 6 months ago

Dear Sayyed
I have did processing by the MintPy using case data provided by Official website, and I have not did processing by the MintPy using my own data! Maybe you can use case data provided by Official website!
Sincerely
Elton

RE: Lack of PS points in the velocity result - Added by Sayyed Mohammad Javad Mirzadeh 6 months ago

Dear Elton,

Thank you so much. I am using the MintPy several times using my own datasets. I just want to know your folder's structures and included files are so different from the structure in the following link or not: https://github.com/insarlab/MintPy/blob/master/docs/dir_structure.md

Sincerely,
Sayyed

(1-5/5)