unpackFrame_CSK.py - only data.db file

Added by Sven Borgstrom about 1 year ago

Good morning,
I need to unpack CSK data with the unpackFrame command.
After unpacking, besides the *.slc, *.slc.vrt and *.slc.xml files, I get only the data.db file, without data.bak, data.dat and data.dir.
Maybe some package missing? I have the isce2 conda installation on Mac Mojave.
Thanks,
Sven.

Replies (3)

RE: unpackFrame_CSK.py - only data.db file - Added by Simon Kraatz about 1 year ago

Hi Sven,

I bumped into the same difference between using my MAC versus Linux machine. I don't think it is a problem, it is just due to how the shelve module is implemented on different OS. Have a look at this thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16171833/why-does-the-shelve-module-in-python-sometimes-create-files-with-different-exten

RE: unpackFrame_CSK.py - only data.db file - Added by Piyush Agram about 1 year ago

Like Simon mentioned, shelve can use different backends. If you want it the shelve files to be transferrable across machines, also install the python gdbm backend with packages like p37-gdbm on macports. If the same issue occurs on linux, installing the relevant backend with your python should resolve the issue.

RE: unpackFrame_CSK.py - only data.db file - Added by Sven Borgstrom about 1 year ago

Thanks Simon and Piyush for suggestion.
I was able to solve only partially my problem: for ISCE processing no problems at all.
Problems started later on, when I used MintPy for post-processing, as "data.db" was not recognized as a valid metadata file in it.
As said before, I have conda (Miniconda3) installed: I tried to install "python-gdbm" (conda install -c anaconda python-gdbm) unsuccesfully, due to some conflicts; then I've succesfully installed "gdbm" (conda install -c conda-forge gdbm), though the output of the "unpackFrame_CSK" command still gives the "data.db" file as an output.
Is there the possibility to set something in Miniconda to get "data.dat" instead of "data.db"?
Sven.

(1-3/3)