stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error

Added by Vitaliy 4erg over 1 year ago

Hi,

I'm trying to process a small set of stripmap CSK data in ISCE2.2 (open source version). While trying to start stackStripMap.py i get error.
What could be the problem?

insar@Insar-thinkstation:~/1/ISCE/proc/CSK$ stackStripMap.py -s SLC -d Dem -m 20130620
/home/insar/1/program/ISCE/src/contrib/stack/stripmapStack/stackStripMap.py:5: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see the module's documentation for alternative uses
import os, imp, sys, glob
This is the Open Source version of ISCE.
Some of the workflows depend on a separate licensed package.
To obtain the licensed package, please make a request for ISCE
through the website: https://download.jpl.nasa.gov/ops/request/index.cfm.
Alternatively, if you are a member, or can become a member of WinSAR
you may be able to obtain access to a version of the licensed sofware at
https://winsar.unavco.org/software/isce
['/home/insar/1/ISCE/proc/CSK/SLC/20130620', '/home/insar/1/ISCE/proc/CSK/SLC/20130718', '/home/insar/1/ISCE/proc/CSK/SLC/20130702', '/home/insar/1/ISCE/proc/CSK/SLC/20130710', '/home/insar/1/ISCE/proc/CSK/SLC/20130703', '/home/insar/1/ISCE/proc/CSK/SLC/20130706']
[]
master date was not found. The first acquisition will be considered as the stack master date.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/insar/1/program/ISCE/src/contrib/stack/stripmapStack/stackStripMap.py", line 333, in <module>
main()
File "/home/insar/1/program/ISCE/src/contrib/stack/stripmapStack/stackStripMap.py", line 298, in main
acquisitionDates, stackMasterDate, slaveDates = get_dates(inps)
File "/home/insar/1/program/ISCE/src/contrib/stack/stripmapStack/stackStripMap.py", line 115, in get_dates
inps.masterDate = acuisitionDates0
IndexError: list index out of range

s
Vit

Replies (13)

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by Piyush Agram over 1 year ago

Did you unpack the data into these folders or did you just drop in the .h5 files? In general, it will look for .raw / .slc files in the folders. There are specific options via the sensor command line option, which may help start from h5 directly. In general, if one should unpack the data and then use stripmapStack

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by Vitaliy 4erg over 1 year ago

Hi, Piyush

I've done unpacking the data and created an empty folders (with the dates) using a unpackFrame_CSK_raw.py. After that I ran the script unpackFrame_CSK.py which is converted all data to the ISCE format (.slc). Unfortunately I was unable to unpack and convert the archived data using prepSlcSensors.py.

s
Vi

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by Piyush Agram over 1 year ago

IS your data in SLC format or RAW format. If your data is already in SLCs, you should use unpackFrame_CSK.py and not unpackFrame_CSK_raw.py . If the data is already focused, you should included --nofocus flags. Read the options available with stackStripmap.py clearly and completely. You will also need to specify that the data is in zero doppler geometry.

The stack processors are contributed code and as clearly mentioned in the README is for advanced users. We have added support for some sensors with prepSensors for some projects that we work on. You are welcome to contribute support for more. stackStripmap.py is structured to be very general and flexible. You will have to spend time to understand what options suit your dataset best.

Piyush

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by Vitaliy 4erg over 1 year ago

I solved this issue. Thanks for the clarification.

Could you help with one more question. How can I disable the DEM-assisted alignment and change the correlation window size?
Is it correct to use in stackstripmap processing the solution given here - http://earthdef.caltech.edu/boards/4/topics/309?r=317#message-317

Thanks for help!

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by Eric Fielding over 1 year ago

Vitaliy,

The Forum posting that you reference is about the old interferometry application insarApp.py. The stackStripmap workflow is based on the stripmapApp.py application, which is completely different from insarApp, so that old posting does not apply. As far as I know, it is not possible to disable the DEM-assisted alignment in stripmapApp or stackStripmap.

++Eric F

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by Heresh Fattahi over 1 year ago

As Eric pointed out, the stripmap stack processor is designed for missions with precise orbits and CSK is definitely one of them. Possible timing errors are fixed by mis-registration estimations during coregistration.

Heresh

Hi,
Is it possible to change the coregistration parameters in the stackSentinel and stackStrioMap apps (like coregistration windows size etc)?
Thank you!

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by xinyu cao 3 months ago

Hi Vit
I have encountered this problem like yours --"master date was not found. The first acquisition will be considered as the stack master date".I am very confused
Is this a problem caused by software installation ? Maybe it was my wrong steps that caused the problem. I don't konw about it.
How did you solve this problem?
Could you please give me some good advice?

Thanks
yu

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by Minh Nguyen 2 months ago

Hi,

You probably missed some steps so follow processes here: https://github.com/isce-framework/isce2/blob/master/contrib/stack/stripmapStack/README.md
And try to provide all parameters (even optional) of stackStripMap.py

Minh

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by xinyu cao about 1 month ago

Hi Minh,

I am sorry for replying to your message so late. I have read the documentation here: https://github.com/isce-framework/isce2/blob/master/contrib/stack/stripmapStack/README.md
I've downloaded 11 images of ALOS for testing the stackStriMap.py
first,I unzipped all the images
second, I processed each image with unpackFrame_ALOS.py like unpackFrame_ALOS.py -i ./ALPSRS279152500-L1.0 -o ./2791
finally,stackStripMap.py -s ./slc -d ./dem/dem2/demLat_N55_N56_Lon_W120_W118.dem.wgs84 -a 14 -r 4 -W slc is my code
the error "reference date was not found. The first acquisition will be considered as the stack reference date." still there like I processd Radarsat-2

I'm sorry that I didn't find a solution to the problem. I'm very anxious.How do you deal with Radartsat data? Is it the same procedure as mine or my operation procedure is wrong?
If it is convenient for you, could you give me some guidance?
It's my great pleasure to receive your reply.

Thanks
yu

error1.png (144.3 kB)

error2.png (113.4 kB)

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by Minh Nguyen about 1 month ago

Hi Yu,

This is an example for u to try:

$code -s $imageDir -d $demDir -m 20130706 -x '20.89 21.11 105.756 105.97' -S 'CSK' -a 0 -r 0 -u snaphu -f 0.75 --nofocus

Note:

$imageDir should be absolute path.
option: -a and -r set = 0

Perhaps the issue relates to your path and parameter.

Hope it helps.
Minh

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by xinyu cao about 1 month ago

Hi Minh,

Thanks for your code.I konw about some code like yours for stackstripmap.py,but I think use unpackFrame_RSAT2.py to convert the unzipped data into ISCE format before use stackStripMap.py
I'm doing it following the steps above.But I got a problem
"ImportError: /home/insar/miniconda3/envs/isceenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/isce/components/stdproc/orbit/orbit2sch.abi3.so: undefined symbol: orbit2sch_"
when I use unpackFrame_RSAT2.py -i ./20140101 -o ./unpack

Have you ever encountered this problem or do you know the reason?
Thank you for your guidance.

Thanks
yu

RE: stackStripMap - CSK stack processing error - Added by xu Tan 3 days ago

I've done unpacking the data and created an empty folders (with the dates) using a unpackFrame_ALOS.py. After that I ran the script unpackFrame_ALOS.py which is converted all data to the ISCE format (.slc). Unfortunately I was unable to get run_files.
master date was not found. The first acquisition will be considered as the stack master date.
Can you give me some advice for this problem?

(1-13/13)